Environment Agency Guidance on New Authorisations
You are here: Home > Environment Agency Guidance on New Authorisations
January 16, 2018

Envireau Water is supporting the Environment Agency to distribute information sheets that they have produced regarding New Authorisations.

If you are dewatering or abstract water for irrigation, and were previously exempt from needing to have a licence under the Water Resources Act 1991, the law has recently changed and you may now need to apply for an abstraction licence (New Authorisation) from 1st January 2018.

The articles are available in the Envireau Knowledge section of our website, and provide information on the following questions:

  • Do I need a New Authorisation?
  • What is the New Authorisations (Transitional Licence) application process?
  • Which activities will remain exempt?
  • I’m not currently abstracting, but I am planning to do so soon, what do I need to do?
  • How much will my licence application cost?
  • What happens if I don’t apply for a licence?

The is also an information sheet which provides detailed information on how to apply for a New Authorisation.

Envireau Knowledge is a useful library of interesting resources that is completely free to access. Log in if you’re already a member, or if you’re new, sign up for free today!

Do you need further guidance? Envireau Water is the UK’s leading independent, abstraction licensing and water management specialist. To get support on these New Authorisations, contact us today on 01332 871882 or info@envireauwater.co.uk.